Last Updated: 20 April 2023
- These Standard Subscription Terms and Conditions (“Standard Terms”) govern your subscription(s) to content published by Jom, irrespective of the delivery platform or means of access. Jom has the right to amend these Standard Terms from time to time by posting any amendments on its website, and you agree to be bound by these amendments.
- There are three subscription tiers: Member, Supporter and Patron. Rates (annual/monthly) and benefits for each tier can be found here.
- You must be 18 years old and above to subscribe to our services. If you are below 18 years old, please get your parent/s or guardian/s to undertake the subscription. You hereby represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years old and have the necessary legal capacity, right, power and authority to agree to these Standard Terms and you are either;
a) using and/or accessing the subscription and contracting in your own personal capacity;
b) using and/or accessing the subscription and contracting on behalf of a corporate entity; or
c) contracting as parent or guardian of a child or ward who is less than 18 years old and who is using and/or accessing the subscription, in which event you agree as his/her parent/guardian, both in your personal capacity and on behalf of your child/ward, to be bound by these Standard Terms and to be liable for your child’s or ward’s acts and omissions while using and/or accessing the subscription, and you also agree to ensure that your child or ward observes these Standard Terms.
- You also agree to be bound by any specific terms governing payment, subscription fees, entitlements to any gift or premium under any promotion, termination fees and delivery fees which are applicable to your subscription as set out in our application forms for the relevant subscription packages and payment terms you have selected.
- Jom has the right to vary subscription fees payable or any other term relating to your subscription from time to time upon giving you at least one (1) month’s prior notice.
- Please take note that if you purchase the annual print edition in our online store, the applicable Delivery Fee, once charged, is non-refundable. Delivery Fees are charged per subscriber account per delivery address.
- All subscription fees are due in advance. Jom only accepts payments by credit card at the moment. Your credit card account must be in good standing and remain valid for the monthly/annual charge(s) to be debited successfully. If your credit card has expired, or if you wish to use a different credit card, you can do so by logging into your Account and choosing “Edit billing info”. If you have problems doing so, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org at least seven (7) days before your next subscription fee payment is due. If you fail to provide us such notice in a timely manner, and are unable to terminate your subscription in time, you may request for a refund to your credit card by e-mailing us at email@example.com no later than five (5) days after your subscription was last renewed and your credit card billed.
- You may cancel your subscription to Jom at any time. However, you agree that your subscription to Jom will continue and be renewed automatically on a monthly or yearly basis until you expressly cancel your subscription through the “Cancel subscription” option provided on your Account page. When your subscription expires, you will no longer have access to any paid content on Jom’s website. Unless otherwise stated by Jom, any renewal of your subscription will be on the prevailing subscription terms.
- If timely payment of your subscription fees or other payments due from you is not made for any reason, or if you breach any other terms and conditions that are applicable to your subscription, Jom may suspend or terminate your subscription without further notice or obligation to you.
- If you experience any issues pertaining to delivery of Jom’s annual printed edition, please alert us promptly by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the event of any discrepancies or inaccuracies in your invoice/statement/records relating to the payment for your subscription, you must notify us promptly by e-mailing email@example.com no later than fourteen (14) days from the date of the invoice/statement/records for us to investigate into the matter, otherwise our records shall be conclusive of the amounts due from you and we will not entertain any disputes in relation to the same.
- You confirm that the information provided in your subscription application form is true and correct at the point of application, and undertake to promptly inform Jom if there are any changes to the information provided from time to time.
- By submitting your subscription application form, you hereby agree and consent to:
c) the terms of our Jom User Agreement as amended from time to time, and the terms and conditions of the User Agreement are incorporated into these Standard Terms by reference. You further agree that Jom’s decision on all matters or disputes relating to or in connection with your subscription and any matters ancillary thereto (including without limitation payment, delivery, promotions or eligibility requirements) are final and conclusive on you. In the event of conflict between these Standard Terms and the Jom User Agreement, these Standard Terms shall prevail.
- Jom has the right to vary or amend any terms and conditions which may apply to your subscription upon notice in writing by posting to Jom’s website.
You’ve successfully subscribed to Jom
Welcome back! You’ve successfully signed in.
Great! You’ve successfully signed up.
Your link has expired
Success! Check your email for magic link to sign-in.