1. These Standard Subscription Terms and Conditions (“Standard Terms”) govern your subscription(s) to content published by Jom, irrespective of the delivery platform or means of access. Jom has the right to amend these Standard Terms from time to time by posting any amendments on its website, and you agree to be bound by these amendments.
2. You must be 18 years old and above to subscribe to our services. If you are below 18 years old, please get your parent or guardian to undertake the subscription. You hereby represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years old and have the necessary legal capacity, right, power and authority to agree to these Standard Terms and you are either:
(a) using and/or accessing the subscription and contracting in your own personal capacity;
(b) using and/or accessing the subscription and contracting on behalf of a corporate entity; or
(c) contracting as parent or guardian of a child or ward who is less than 18 years old and who is using and/or accessing the subscription, in which event you agree as his/her parent/guardian, both in your personal capacity and on behalf of your child/ward, to be bound by these Standard Terms and to be liable for your child’s or ward’s acts and omissions while using and/or accessing the subscription, and you also agree to ensure that your child or ward observes these Standard Terms.
3. You also agree to be bound by any specific terms governing payment, subscription fees, minimum subscription periods, entitlements to any gift or premium under any promotion, termination fees and delivery fees which are applicable to your subscription as set out in our application forms for the relevant subscription packages and payment terms you have selected.
* For a Supporter to be guaranteed an annual print issue, they must have a paid-up subscription at least two weeks before the publication date. For those who subscribe later than that, we will try our best to fulfil the order. We seek your understanding if we cannot, due to print runs and capacity.
* For a Supporter to be guaranteed a 50 percent discount to a live event, they must have a paid-up subscription at least two weeks before the event date. For those who subscribe later than that, we will try our best to make space for you, but it’s entirely dependent on the venue’s capacity. We seek your understanding if we cannot do so.
* Patrons are eligible for Supporter benefits, so the above two conditions apply.
* For a Patron to secure a preferential option to invest in our next fundraising round, they must have a paid-up subscription at least one day before Jom announces to its Patrons that it is raising money.
* For a Patron to be guaranteed a seat at the annual Patron dinner, they must have a paid-up subscription at least one month before the event date. For those who subscribe later than that, we will try our best to make space for you, but it’s entirely dependent on the venue’s capacity. We seek your understanding if we cannot do so.
* For a Patron to be recognised in our annual print issue, they must have a paid-up subscription at least two months before the publication date. We will ask every Patron if they want to be included in the list. It is optional.
4. Jom has the right to vary subscription fees payable or any other term relating to your subscription from time to time upon giving you at least 1 month’s prior notice.
5. Please take note that if you have opted to take delivery of the annual print edition of your subscribed magazine, the applicable Delivery Fee, once charged, is non-refundable. Delivery Fees are charged by residential type, and will be charged per subscriber account per delivery address.
6. You should receive a letter acknowledging your subscription within 30 days of confirming your subscription.
7. All subscription fees are due in advance. Please ensure that payment is made and cleared by your bank before each monthly/annual recurring payment is due. For payments by credit card, your credit card account must be in good standing and remain valid for the monthly/annual charge(s) to be debited successfully. If your credit card has expired, or if you wish to use a different credit card, you must notify us promptly by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org at least 14 days before your next subscription fee payment is due. If you fail to provide us such notice in a timely manner, you shall be liable for any prevailing administrative, termination or other fees which Jom may impose in accordance with clause 10 below.
8. You may cancel your subscription to Jom at any time after the Minimum Subscription Period. However, you agree that your subscription to Jom will continue and be renewed automatically on a monthly or yearly basis (depending on the payment plan you select) until you expressly instruct us that you wish to cancel your subscription by providing us with at least 30 days’ prior notice by e-mailing us at email@example.com. If the minimum subscription period applicable to your subscription has not yet expired as at the date of such termination, the prevailing administrative, termination or other fees shall also be due and payable by you. Unless otherwise stated by Jom, any renewal of your subscription will be on the prevailing subscription terms.
9. If timely payment of your subscription fees or other payments due from you is not made for any reason, or if you breach any other terms and conditions that are applicable to your subscription, Jom may, without prejudice to its rights and remedies at law to recover any sums due from you, suspend or terminate your subscription without further notice or obligation to you and you may be subject to the prevailing administrative, termination or other fees.
10. If you experience any issues pertaining to delivery of Jom’s annual printed edition, please alert us promptly by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org no later than two (2) days after the date of the printed magazine (s) in question.
11. In the event of any discrepancies or inaccuracies in your invoice/statement/records relating to the payment for your subscription, you must notify us promptly by e-mailing email@example.com no later than fourteen (14) days from the date of the invoice/statement/records for us to investigate into the matter, otherwise our records shall be conclusive of the amounts due from you and we will not entertain any disputes in relation to the same.
12. You confirm that the information provided in your subscription application form is true and correct at the point of application, and undertake to promptly inform Jom if there are any changes to the information provided from time to time.
13. By submitting your subscription application form, you hereby agree and consent to:
(iii) the terms of our Jom User Agreement as amended from time to time, and the terms and conditions of the User Agreement are incorporated into these Standard Terms by reference. You further agree that Jom’s decision on all matters or disputes relating to or in connection with your subscription and any matters ancillary thereto (including without limitation payment, delivery, promotions or eligibility requirements) are final and conclusive on you. In the event of conflict between these Standard Terms and the Jom User Agreement, these Standard Terms shall prevail.
14. Jom has the right to vary or amend any terms and conditions which may apply to your subscription upon notice in writing by posting to Jom’s website.
15. For more details on subscription matters, please refer here.Last Updated: 12 August 2022