Jom’s looking for a part-time social media manager (about 10 hours/week) to start work as soon as possible. Please e-mail us at email@example.com with your CV and 2-3 writing samples. Thanks for your interest.
What’s the role?
You’ll be responsible for developing an overall social media strategy for Jom, and for producing and posting content on Jom’s social media channels. As we’re a fairly young magazine, you’ll continue to hone our social media language, and conceptualise visuals that are consistent with the brand’s mission, values and identity (with support from the core team).
Who are we looking for?
You are someone who:
- is based in Singapore;
- has prior experience in social media (essential) and copywriting/journalism (a bonus);
- has a strong grasp of written and spoken English;
- is thorough and detail-oriented;
- is able to meet deadlines;
- can work independently, but also enjoys being part of a lean and dynamic team;
- is creative and likes to push the boundaries of social media communication;
- is excited about being part of an independent media start-up dedicated to high-quality, long-form journalism.
How will the role be compensated?
Either all cash or a mixture of cash and equity, depending on the candidate’s preference.
What are the key responsibilities?
- Develop a creative and engaging social media strategy for Jom
- Help create a consistent tone and language for Jom’s social media communications
- Assess and decide how Jom should be translating its different bits of content, from long-form journalism to shorter, weekly blurbs, onto its social media channels
- Decide what original social media content Jom might want to produce including, but not limited to, our public responses to important socio-political issues of the day
- Plan a social media calendar that incorporates the above pieces of content
- Manage the day-to-day handling of all social media channels such as Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter, adapting content to suit different channels
- Manage a budget for ads to boost posts on IG/FB/Google
- Share insights on the performance of each platform and possibilities of focusing or expanding into select platforms (re: conversation on tele/demi/discord)
- Manage our community of Jom promoters