Jom’s looking for a full-time head of content to start work as soon as possible. Please e-mail us at email@example.com with a cover letter and your CV. Please apply by February 21st 2024. Thanks for your interest.
What’s the role?
The head of content is part of Jom’s executive team, alongside the editor-in-chief and head of visual culture and media. As a project manager, they are responsible for the smooth daily operation of the publication to ensure the magazine is delivered on time, every week. This involves working closely with collaborators, the heads of research and of visual culture and media, adjunct editors and social media manager. They will also manage the editorial calendar and pipeline, copy edit stories and work with management to develop content and marketing strategies that meet the business objectives of the media outfit.
Reports to: Editor-in-chief
Time commitment: Full-time, 5 days per week
Who are we looking for?
You are someone who:
- is curious, analytical and questioning;
- has an appetite for news and current affairs;
- is based in Singapore and has work authorisation in Singapore;
- has a good command of written English;
- has editing experience;
- has competent communication and IT skills;
- is thorough and detail-oriented;
- has initiative and can work independently, but also enjoys being part of a lean and dynamic team;
- is comfortable working a flexible schedule when needed;
- is able to meet deadlines;
- has integrity, authenticity and compassion; and
- is excited about being part of an independent media start-up dedicated to high-quality, long-form journalism.
What are the key responsibilities?
- Executive strategic management of Jom, alongside editor-in-chief and head of visual culture and media
- Manage day-to-day operations, particularly editorial processes to ensure deadlines are met and a smooth flow from pitch to publish
- Edit stories for magazine and newsletter to meet editorial standards and follow in-house style and tone
- Maintain a robust pipeline by ensuring a constant supply of stories and content for publication from collaborators
- Collaborate with core team to develop and implement content and marketing strategies to achieve business goals
- Website publishing alongside team
- Coordinate with adjunct editors on story pitches, content oversight and weekly submissions
- Work with social media manager to edit social media content and coordinate posts with publication
How will the role be compensated?
S$4,000 - S$5,000 per month and a generous equity package
Other benefits include annual health, training and technology budgets, as well as flexible work arrangements (Jom is a remote-first organisation).
For more info on Jom, please see our “About us” page.